Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Morning!

Finally you are hearing from my quil. The pain is being managed to the point that I can focus on what my sentences mean.  Thank You Lord!

As my children have let you know, this past week has been difficult in terms of pain management.  My pain levels keep on changing and so the medicine has to be adjusted accordingly.  I am now on three times the dosage of pain relief that I was on when I came home from the VGH.  Until pain management gets stabilized, my days and especially my nights are very up and down.

I wanted to write this post however, to focus on you.  Your many many expressions of love and concern for my family and I have been incredible!   When we moved to Langley from Thunder Bay, one request that I had, knowing that a congregation's appreciation for the work of a pastor tends to come and go, was that you love me.  And true enough, while my preaching and work as a pastor have gone up and down, what has become so very clear in the past months is that you have been faithful in your response to love us, and love especially me. 

It truly has been good to see and talk to many of you.  And thankyou for honouring our request for brevity in visits.  When 10 people would love to talk to me in one hour, it is sometimes hard to fit everyone in.  And as everyone is certainly aware, I am sooooo good at brevity myself!

I am looking forward to seeing a few more of you tomorrow, from 11 - Noon and 5 - 6 pm.

Love, Pastor Bill.

6 comments:

  1. Good to here from you Bill. I am glad to hear that the goals of pain management are being achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to hear from you Pastor Bill,
    Your kids are doing such a great job of keeping us informed.You are in my prayers many times through out my day and I pray that your pain can be managed well so that you can spend time with your family as comfortable as possible.
    I am not so good with words in these situations.I just can't find the right ones.
    Not really sure if there are any but one thing I do know after visiting you is that God IS with you and it seemed peaceful though the situation is so difficult.
    I just want to let you know that you are loved and I have been so blessed to have you as my Pastor.
    I know and trust that God will hold you in his Loving arms now and forever.
    All our Love and continuing to pray.
    Margaret Kunst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Judy, please know that everyday, we are praying for Pastor Bill and all of you. We were so excited to see words from Pastor Bill today. We sincerely hope he can get some quality rest each day. We can’t imagine the amount of pain he has to go through but we know God is with him. Rebecca would like to share a scripture with Pastor Bill… (Psalms 20:1-9). If you have the opportunity, please read them to Pastor Bill.
    With love, David, Rebecca, Jessie, Jodie, and Shannon Peng

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh Bill, I am so shocked and saddened to learn of your terminal cancer. Alice and I will keep you, Judy, and your family in prayer. God's courage and shalom to you. May the words of Psalm 23:4 ring true for you all -- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
    Christ has won the victory! See you again in the renewed earth.
    Bart Velthuizen, Toronto Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pastor Bill,

    I am sorry that you are going through so much pain and although Tim and I would really like to visit with you, I know that you need to rest! This blog is a wonderful tool for us to visit with you! I want to thank you Pastor Bill for being such an amazing Pastor and for portraying such strength and wisdom, even now through this difficult time. You have a wonderful family who loves you and a church family who loves you! Tim and I love you and appreciate you for everything you have done for us! Thank you for marrying us and being my support through many things! I know we haven't said this enough, but we truly appreciate who you are and all you have done for us! May God give you peace and know that we are praying for you, Judy and the family.
    Lisa & Tim Cramer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor Bill,
    It was so good to hear from you! I mentioned at Coffee Break this morning what you have been going through. The women who did not know where shocked and saddened. They fondly remember talking with you in the foyer, with Misha running around. We prayed for you together when we met this morning.

    I agree with Lisa that we have not said it enough how much we appreciate you. One of my favourite memories is when Lisa and I were not able to make it to a pastor's class and you met us at Ricky's. We had such great conversation that evening. I have always appreciated your pastor's heart and your love for the Lord and the church.

    I am so thakful for the opportunity I have had to help your family through organizing meals. I remember telling you a while ago that this is by far the easiest "job" at the church. So many people are willing to make a meal. I am so blessed by our community.

    We continue to pray for you daily. May the Lord grant you and your family much grace and peace during this difficult journey.

    We love you!
    Eric, Jacky and boys.

    ReplyDelete