Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dad's Words to You

The following are Dads words, words that he wishes for you to hear - words from the heart.

          ----------------------------------------------------

I want you to know, you are truly beautiful people. Your kindness, generosity, and sensitivity are beyond words. You have truly loved me. I asked when I first came to Langley that you would love me, and that you would love each other. Your love has been beyond description, and has modeled the character of Christ. You have brought a glass of cold water to a parched tongue. My beautiful friends, you have been like Christ to me. I have been blessed with a truly wonderful blessing - Langley Immanuel CRC.

             God is with us.
                           God is with me.

                                                  - Pastor Bill -

           ----------------------------------------------------

Dad feels that his time on earth is coming closer and closer to an end, and he is looking forward to meeting our Heavenly Father. And his prayer has now become ours - that his suffering come to an end. That when he meets the Lord, he will hear the words "well done my child. Welcome home". 

As a family we cannot express our gratitude to everyone who has been there for us, whether it be by providing a meal, babysitting, or giving us a shoulder to cry on. Like dad, we are amazed by your outpouring of love and support. There is nothing we can do that will be able to repay the love you have shown us! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

- Naomi - 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Bill, for reminding us how important it is to truly Love each other - to say it, to mean it, to live it. We really do love you all, but it is sad that it takes the really tough times in life to learn to say it.
    On Sunday morning, we will lean on some of the old creeds and some of the new testimonies to remind us where our strength and faith is founded. Our World Belongs to God vs 13 says:
    God directs and bends to his will
    all that happens in his world.
    As history unfolds in ways we only know in part,
    all things--
    from crops to grades,
    from jobs to laws--
    are under his control.
    God is present in our world
    by his Word and Spirit.
    The faithfulness
    of our great Provider
    gives sense to our days
    and hope to our years.
    The future is secure,
    for our world belongs to God!

    It is wonderful to see the solid faith in that testimony alive in the final days of our Pastor's life - because he knows without a doubt that his future is secure.

    Thank you Bill

    Love Paul & Leslie Koole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Bill, We are truly going to miss you, fridays will not be the same. As you have said so many times "heaven is a wonderful place!", I am glad for you , that you will soon find out just how wonderful it is, and that you will no longer have to deal with the pain and suffering of this world. Thank you for your solid faith that you have shown us through your journey, what an example you are :)
    I extend my love to you and your wonderful family, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise You In This Storm - by Casting Crowns

    I was sure by now
    That you would have reached down
    And wiped our tears away
    Stepped in and saved the day
    But once again, I say "Amen"
    and it's still raining

    As the thunder rolls
    I barely hear You whisper through the rain
    "I'm with you"
    And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
    and praise the God who gives
    And takes away

    I'll praise you in this storm
    And I will lift my hands
    For You are who You are
    No matter where I am
    Every tear I've cried
    You hold in Your hand
    You never left my side
    And though my heart is torn
    I will praise You in this storm

    I remember when I stumbled in the wind
    You heard my cry
    You raised me up again
    My strength is almost gone
    How can I carry on
    If I can't find You?

    I lift my eyes up to the hills
    Where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord
    The Maker of Heaven and Earth

    I'll praise you in this storm
    And I will lift my hands
    For You are who You are
    No matter where I am
    Every tear I've cried
    You hold in Your hand
    You never left my side
    And though my heart is torn
    I will praise You in this storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Bill and family,
    I"ve felt grateful many times that God brought you to Immanual CRC. Grateful for the big stuff--like baptizing our children and comforting us when our nephew died. Also for the little things, like getting "forked" and talking about our dogs at Coffeebreak! Thankyou for being our Pastor, and to your family for sharing so much of you. We'll continue to pray for you all.
    With love, Annette and Jake and kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Bill, it's true, we do love you. You are such a wonderful pastor. We will miss you so much... actually, we already miss you. We are relieved that you feel ready to go but it's still so hard for us to say goodbye to you. You have meant so much to us throughout all of your years at Immanuel. We are, of course, still praying for you and your family. We love you, Christa, Brian, Owen and Isla.

    ReplyDelete